Cheswardine Hall was built by the Donaldson-Hudson family in 1875. The house and
its 3500 acre estate was one of the last mansions built in the UK and remained their
family home until 1949. The following 35 years saw the hall change hands a number
of times, even being used as a school. In 1985 the Poole family took ownership of
the hall and opened its doors as a prestigious and specialist care home for the elderly.
For more information click on the following web link to see the in-depth history
of the Cheswardine Manor. http://cheswardinemanor.googlepages.com/home